Have you seen the state of my eyebrows?! I am reliably informed that ma is trimming them for me shortly. I know I am becoming well know around DWB and my neighbourhood for my big bushy brows, but they have reached critical mass I fear, and they are flopping in my eyes the whole time.
Oh, and excuse the state of my beard. Just finished my dinner you see, and hadn't yet had time to wipe my mouth.
Look how big they are! I think they need some thinning as well as shortening. Shame Stanley's competition isn't a brow growing rather than beard growing competition as my beard is decidely wimpy in comparison.
I think I'll look much younger once they're trimmed. Pa likes the fluffy Airedale look, so he is letting me grow my coat over the winter as long as I agree to be regularly brushed. I'll look ever more like a big teddy bear! As Cassidy will have her coat stripped, she is already starting to be plucked of her puppy curls. She doesn't seem to care though, and she actually gets sleepy while ma is doing it!
Anyway, on to the job in hand. Young Finni tagged me to list my 7 main annoyances so here we go.
1. When friends are poorly or pass away. I wish we didn't have to have this sadness, but sadly, such is life. Doesn't mean I can't get very cross and annoyed about it though.
2. When ma and pa make me sit and wait once my dinner bowl is on the floor. I never used to have to wait at my old house, and at first I used to bark and bark and keep trying to get at my bowl, but ma and pa are tough and never gave in until my derriere had been planted on the floor for at least 5 seconds. Now I can wait a decent amount of time without hopping and barking, but I still get annoyed that I can't just dive right in!
3. It annoys me that I can't go and say hello to every single dog we meet when out walking. I like to go and have a friendly sniff and pass the time of day, but ma only lets me if it's a dog we know or she asks if it's OK. She won't cross the road so I can say hello to random dogs on the other side. Annoying!
4. I'm a tad peeved that the grass in the garden has been fenced off. Yes, I know it's incredibly boggy and that I don't actually like getting my feet wet all that much, but there's a big area of the garden that I can't patrol now. I have been allowed on it the last few mornings as there's been a hard frost and the ground has been solid, so I've had a quick recce of the perimeter to ensure all is well.
5. I can get annoyed if Cassidy is continually pulling my beard/ears/tail/private parts. Trouble is I bark at her and she pays absolutely no attention. I think I need to work on my communication skills as it keeps falling to ma and pa to tell her when enough's enough.
6. I don't like being in the car with the windows closed as I feel much happier if there's a breeze on my face, but now it's getting chillier ma and pa aren't so keen on fresh air racing into the car. I think they need to toughen up, they think I need to make do with the air blower, harumph!
7. I get annoyed with myself that I still haven't worked out how to successfuly empty a stuffed Kong! I had never even seen one before moving here. I love having one, but I'll be darned if I can get bits of biscuit/banana/apple or whatever out. Peanut butter, yes. Marmite, no problem. Soft cheese, easy peezy. But anything solid and it's a no go. Rather frustrating as I love my food, and very embarrassing as Cassidy can get most stuf out of hers in a very short time. Any tips?
Play along if you want and let me know your annoyances!