Now Buster and his mum and sissy, and Noah and his sissies challenged mummy or daddy to make something and blog about it. They said:
1. Make something, anything. It doesn't have to be complicated or artsy. Make a list, take an interesting picture, make some one's day, make dinner, make a doodle, make fun of yourself, make a poem, make your bed (OK, that last one is lame).
2. Write a blog about it. With pictures for extra brownie points.
3. Link to this blog and challenge six other bloggers to do the same.
Mummy and daddy no be good at arts and craft like lots of your mummy's and daddy's do be, so mummy had to cook instead. Mummy and daddy likes to eat a lot, they be greedy piggies and never shares it with us cos they always eats it all up and say it be too good for doggies, meanies.
When mummy beed in the chat the other week, she be telling some of the other mummy's about a meal called "Toad in the Hole", so she going to make that. Now we no be sure about conversion on amounts to cups for Americans and any other amounts.
For the batter:
4oz plain flour (1/2 cups?)
1/2 pint milk (2 cups?)
salt and pepper
1. Sieve the flour to make sure there be no lumps, and add salt and pepper.
2. Measure your milk
3. Add an eggy (but no put shell in!) and whisk it all together.
4. Pour the milky eggy mixture into the flour.
6. Pour mixture back into your jug.
7. Put in the fridge for at least half an hour. Mummy says this makes the batter rise even more when you cook it. Ooh, I see chicken in the fridge, yum. Can me have some please?
8. Get your sausages, prick them with a fork and put them in an ovenproof pan with some oil. This meal just be for mummy and daddy, but the pan be big enough for 3 people really so you could use 6 sausages.
10. Remove from oven and quickly add batter so pan stays hot. Put back in over for 35-40 minutes.
11. Once it be all risen and golden, remove from oven. Mmmm, looks yummy!
12. Serve with mash potatoes and veggies and gravy. Like me said, that be enough pudding for 3 or even 4 people, but mummy and daddy be piggies.