Monday 4 August 2008

Me & Willow at Dunster Show

Last Wednesday, me and mummy went to Dunster show. When we got there we saw that my friend Willow was entered too! She came with her brother Jasper, and all her human family.

Here's a photo of Willow when she was about 12 weeks old when Oscar met her for the first time at grooming class. Wasn't she adorable!


And here she is at the WESWATC fun day last September as a blushing bride. That's big brother Jasper about to leap on her, tee hee!



We had to enter Any Variety not Separately Classified (AVNSC) Terrier at the show as there was no separate class for Airedales like there were for the more popular Terrier breeds. This is normally the case at Open shows here as Airedales aren't all that common. Probably all the grooming required for the show ring puts people off!

Do you see the little Lakeland like Stella next to me? There's me with mummy (in the stripy top), Willow and her dad, and another Airedale called Pollyanna, what a cool name! Mum hasn't got me stood properly yet in the photo, which is why I don't look to great.

Anyway, I got 3rd out of 4. I was a bit naughty and managed to slip my lead too, tee hee! I had already done it once before I went in the ring. It was a bit too big. I had chewed my nice leather one a few weeks ago so mummy had to use the spare. Luckily mummy grabbed me and got it back on quick, but I wasn't behaving all that well. Puppy moment! Mummy has now sewed it so it fits, and will get the lady who made my leather one to mend it at my next Champ show.

Willow won the AVNSC graduate class, then beat the AVNSC winners of the other classes, whee!







Here's is a close up of Willow. She has lovely dark tan colouring and is a really pretty, dainty girl. Because she won the Any Variety Not Separately Classified, she got through to the Terrier group final, which is the winner of all the different terrier breeds which were scheduled, eg Border Terrier, Bull Terrier, Staffordshire Bull Terrier, etc. There were 9 dogs, and Willow got best Terrier out of them all, whee!



Here she is in the Best in Show final. That's where the winners of all the groups (Terrier, Hound, Gundog etc) meet to compete for Best and Reserve Best in Show. Unfortunately Willow didn't get placed here, but we're still very proud of her, especially as she is only 18 month old. Well done Willow!!



Willow and I also had lots of fun playing bitey face while we were waiting around. She doesn't always want to play with me at grooming, but hopefully now she'll realise I'm fun.

Cassidy x

31 comments:

Sophie Brador said...

Hey Cassidy, I bet she thinks your play worthy now that you're so grown up. Holy doodles you got tall!

xo
SB

Eduardo said...

Wow congrats on winning 3rd! My mommy wishes they had a competetion for puggles, but I don't look like most puggles so I proably wouldn't win! Glad your friend Willow won too that's great!
Hugs 7 Snugs
Eduardo the snuggle Puggle

Molly the Airedale said...

Congratulations to both you and Willow, Cassidy! We're so very, very proud of you! You're a beautiful girlie!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Asta said...

Cassidy
I can't believe how you've gwown..it's hawd to wemembew you'we still a pup..no wondew you have some puppy moments..when else awe you supposed to if not now??
Willow is bootiful too, and I'm s glad she has discovewed what a gweat , fun fwiend you awe
love and smoochie kisses to you and Hawwy
ASTA

Noah the Airedale said...

Oh we know Willow & Jasper, they signed our guestbook. She is very pretty. Well done to Willow.
Cassidy, you sound like you had fun there too hee hee. Lucy is very good at slipping her collar...unfortunately it isn't very good when it happens on the streets of Leura....sigh.

tailwags
Noah xx

Agatha and Archie said...

Congrats to you and WIllow!!! You are all grown up now!!!! Tee hee slipping your collar...Naughty!!!! Love A+A

Scottie the 'Cutie' said...

Those were cool pictures of you and Willow,Cassidy! Congrats to Willow and you on your wins!

Scottie

Lorenza said...

Hi, Cassidy!
Congratulations to you and Willow!
Puppy moments! Ha!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Kirby said...

Cassidy,

You and Willow are doing all of us Airedales proud! I think you both look boo-ti-ful! You both would have won best in show if I'd been in charge! He he!! Congratulations and keep up the great work, but remember to behave. Tee-he!

Your pal,
Kirby

Bogart H. Devil said...

HUBBA HUBBA, so many pretty terrier girls - but especially you Miss Cassidy!!!!

Love,
Bogart

Boo Casanova said...

wow cassidy, you sure entered a lot of competition. meeting friends is fun!

wet wet licks

Boo

Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Hey Cassidy, congrats to you and your pal, Willow. J x

Amber-Mae said...

Congrats to Willow & you too! Hey, 3rd is better than 4th or nothing! My hoomans squeal if we get anything even if it's Reserve! They just can't believe it considering that Chloe was a rescued Golden & I'm well the "Chaplak" Golden. Meaning the "not very good quality" Golden. Hehehe!

Butt wiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer

Snowball said...

Congratulations to Willow! Cassidy you are growing to become a very pretty girlie too.

Luv

Snowball

Simba and Jazzi said...

So many blogs to catch up on. Hope everyone is fit and well.

Simba x

Deetz said...

I am just now getting around to catching up...That is a great photo of the pouncing wedding dogs.
Congratulations on your awards. What a cute puppy!
Deetzy

Joe Stains said...

Willow sure was a cute puppy, and a very pretty older dog!!

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Oh my,Cassidy...you Dales look fab all dressed up for the show!! And that Lakeland...how in the world does she get her grizzle back so dark? Mine is getting lighter as I get older. I wanna dye it with Lady Clairol Fur Dye, but that's gone over here like the Titantic sinkin'....

Willow is very pretty, but Stan and I think you the prettiest!!!! Course he is a tad biased!

So glad you had so much fun, Sweet Cassidy...your barkday's gonna be comin' up soonest!!!

Kissies, Lacie

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Willow sure is a pretty doggie. :)

~ Girl girl

Urban Smoothie Read said...

u guys playing bitey faces? don't u afraid it might mess up your hair-do? LoL

Caz and Ludo the cool dude said...

Gosh Cassidy every time I come to your blog you have grown .Love the pic's of Willow she did really well in her class.

Hows Harry these days.

Lovely to see the pics of Oscar its good and sad to remember.

ludo the cool dude

Huskee and Hershey said...

Congrats on your win Cassidy and to Willow too! I think you girls did very well...

Patience-please said...

Congrats on slipping the lead! Naughy puppies often end up the best show doggies: we're still having fun at age two when the well behaved pups are bored!

wags from the whippets

Lillie Valentine said...

I want to come live with you! You have so many airefriends and have so much fun going places!! You and Harry are SOOOO cute!

B.T.Bear (esq.) said...

Harry! Long time no paw-shake, buddy!
Hey! Come read the end ov my post today! Mummy had a dream- abowt YU!!!

Heheheh!

:@D

the many Bs said...

hi Cassidy, that was fun to see Willow at the dog show. she really is a pretty girl and did well. we hope you two can play at grooming now that you are better acquainted.

woofs.

Dexter said...

If you got third even though you were acting up, what did the guy who got fourth do?

Willow looks lovely.

Slobbers,
Mango

Clover said...

Congrats, little Cassidy, on your third placing!
Love Clover xo

Mr. T-Bone Beasley said...

Woohoo!

You do awesome at your shows! It's because you're so pretty. I wanna be in shows, but I'm much to big for breed standards!

Who would love a 75 pound Airedale? That's 75 pounds of love!!!

Slurp!
Mr. T-Bone Beasley

Peanut said...

I don't know why she wouldn't want to play with you at grooming. There might be something wrong with her.

Stanley said...

Cassidy!

Stella says she WISHES that was her next to you at the show. HOwever, if it had been Stella, the both of you would have been thrown out FOR SURE! Stella can't wait to wrassle with you and play bitey face.

I'm sure Willow will now see what a refined showgirl you are and deign to play with you (or Stella will come beat her up)!

Goober love & smooches,
Stanley